Friday, February 10, 2012

Here are about half of the frames from a little strip I made to get reacquainted with Illustrator. I have CS3, but haven't had much time to use it lately. In this little story, the redbird asks the owl to watch something for her. The owl then looks down to find one of his favorite things... Cake! After flying down to check it out, several forest critters give him a hard time about sharing the cake, which isn't his to share. Eventually, under pressure from a couple larger animals, owl gives in to temptation and chows down.








I have developed a sort of "minimalist" style with illustrator, mostly because I am catering to the extent of what I know how to do within the program. I'd love to learn how to add shadow and texture to my images, so I'll probably be fooling around with that stuff, or trying to find other programs that make that easier. Any suggestions?! Hopefully I'll get a few people looking at this site after a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment