Saturday, February 11, 2012

I am working on a couple of different projects just to have something to show people. One of them is a poster called "Community Garden". The idea is there will be a large community garden, with several different types of people gardening and interacting with one another. Obviously it's geared toward kids, and hopefully it will be a really fun image with a lot of stuff going on to find. I started just with people, and I'll build the garden around them. Below I have a boy potting flowers, an eskimo toddler running from another child, a sumo wrestler helping to keep the garden clean, and a surprised woman.




So far I have about 16 characters made. I drew them in my note book, scanned them, then built them in Illustrator. Altogether each character is fairly time consuming, and I'm sure there is a better way to do this than I am aware of, but it is fun to see my drawings turn crispy clean once I'm done, and so far I've been really happy with how they've turned out. Any and all advice or comments welcome, even if these posts are old news by the time you find them!

No comments:

Post a Comment